I have been a witch for the past five Halloweens. And, even though I have told my friends that I will either be Apple from Turbo Kid or Tank Girl this year, I’m going to take a moment and be real with myself…. I’m probably, most likely, almost positive, basically 99% sure that I will be a witch again. Honestly, I’m not even sure where the witch hat came from. It just magically appeared in a pile of my things one day. It’s as if the spirits of Halloween anticipated my dilatory ways and said ‘this girl needs help.’ I will be forever grateful.
So, if you are anything like me, and the universe has yet to gift you with a costume, here are a few last minute ideas that you can pull out of your ass- or your closet.
1. The Lazy Little Mermaid. A sheet, some rope, and a blow out is all you need. People might laugh, but they will love your half-assed attempt at this beloved Disney character.
2. Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Here’s a fun 90’s take on a witch. It’s a flashback to your awkward years and all you really need is a choker, a claw, and some dark lipstick.
3. Pippi Longstocking. A clothes hanger, hair gel, and raggedy dress and you’re set! If you have a pirate hat lying around, that wouldn't hurt.
4. Peggy from Married with Children. The mother we all admire and hope to one day be (sigh). Well, maybe not. But she did have style. Throw on some spandex, anything leopard print, and poof up that red hair. If you don’t have leopard print on hand, start examining your life choices- it’s a redhead must.
5. Joan from Madmen. Put on a pencil skirt and stuff that bra. This is one relatively accessible and sexy-as-hell costume for just us redheads. Oh, and don’t forget the sass.
6. An Ellie Kemper character. Having just been nominated for Best Comedy Actress, Kemper is worthy of emulation. So whether you choose to brighten things up with a Kimmy Schmidt outfit, or go the truly lazy route with Erin from the Office (all you really need is a name tag), people will know you watch way too much TV.
Share your redhead Halloween costumes with us! Tag us on Instagram (@redhead__revolution) or follow us on Facebook.