It's finally Spring! The snow has melted (at least for some of us- sorry Chicago) and the flowers are blooming. Now it's time for your Spring makeup fling. What trend will you rock to get into the season? This year it's all about the color, so don't be afraid to be bold!
1. Blush Bomb. Need I say more? Don't be shy when it comes to accenting those cheek bones, but if you decide to rock this look, make sure you tone down the rest of your makeup. Pair it with a simple eye and lip.
2. Bold Lips. Pinks and Reds in matte are in. So how do you find the right color for you? Some makeup artists are firm believers in matching your lipstick to your skin's undertones. If you have cool or warm undertones than find a red or pink lipstick to match. However, I find that you can pretty much wear whatever color you choose just as long as you follow these two rules. First, don't match your lipstick to your hair. For example, if you have more orange hues in your fiery strands, don't wear an orange pink or red. Second, match the rest of your makeup with your lipstick tone. This means, if you go with a cool red, make sure your blush and shadow are also cool shades. Check out this blog to find your skin's undertones.
3. Glow for it. Make your skin glisten and glow in the sun! The natural glow requires a bit of prep work before you put on your makeup. First, exfoliation is key. Lightly scrub your skin with either a brush or face scrub. Second, moisturize! You can use an oil-free moisturizer in the morning or try a foundation that has moisturizing properties. Third, after your foundation, apply a shimmer cream to your cheek bones and brow bones. The 'glow for it' look goes best with light eye makeup. However, if you want a pop of color, add a bold lip.
It's that time of year again. And whether you plan to spend it with that special someone, or with friends, or hugging a bottle of wine with Bridget Jones, you should be wearing some sexy lipstick. Here are two tricks to making that lipstick look even sexier and last even longer!
1. Prep your lips with a homemade sugar lip scrub. This will exfoliate your lips and remove any dry skin so that the color can go on smooth. The following recipe is pretty easy and customizable for whatever you happen to have around the house.
2 tablespoons of sugar (brown or white)
2 tablespoons of oil (olive oil or coconut works great)
1 tablespoon of honey
Generally one should exfoliate their lips at least once a week, however this recipe is gentle enough for daily use. This is an especially good treatment for your lips during the winter months when they are more prone to getting chapped.
2. Line those lips! Using a lip liner of either a similar shade to your lipstick or a lighter more neutral color, outline your lips and fill them in a bit. I personally use a light rose colored liner regardless of the shade of lipstick I'm using. This ensures that your lipstick lasts longer and it gives your lips a more full and even look.
Redhead Revolution offers one-on-one support when it comes to picking your colors. So check out our selection of Color Revolution lipsticks and email us at email@example.com if you need suggestions.
It's easy to take mascara for granted. We open it with unbridled excitement and then expect it to last forever... or at least as long as our eye shadows or lipsticks. However, unlike most makeup products, whether you use your mascara everyday or once a week, mascara has an expiration date. A mascara should be replaced about every 3 to 4 months after opening. This ensures the quality of the mascara and prevents bacteria growth.
In order to make this easier and more efficient for you, we have set up a Gingerlash mascara subscription program.
How does it work?
Set up regularly scheduled deliveries and start saving. Sign up for the subscription and save 15% with each mascara. Just choose your refill plan!
Subscribing is easy
1. Choose your Gingerlash Mascara color of choice.
2. Select your delivery frequency (either every 3 or 4 months).
3. Update your mascara color or cancel your subscription at any time.
4. Contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
It has been a very busy- but exciting- summer for the Redhead Revolution team! We debuted our new line of 'Get the Glow' Illuminating Mineral Finishing Powder (of which I am currently obsessed!). We have also been working tirelessly on a new eyeshadow line, which will be ready this Fall!
Wearing it today and loving it :)
I absolutely adore this mascara!!
I didn't think this was going to look good because I always wear black mascara, but this looks great! Still darkens the lashes, but gives them a more natural look.
I love mine! I need to try them all!
And last, but not least, makeup artist and RED HOT model, Grace Gray, will be giving makeovers with RR products at this year's Redhead Day UK!
Happy Summer '16!!